Dap silicone blended caulk in white and clear colors. Exceeds ASTM C 834 standards. Use as indoor or outdoor caulking.
Please read all important product details below.
Dap Caulk – White or Clear Caulk – Great Window Sealant
Use Dap caulk, in the bright white or clear caulking, for all your interior or exterior projects that need gaps filled. Dap caulk can be used outdoors as a window sealant, as well as for door frames, eaves, siding and more. Indoors, you can use the white or clear caulk for showers, bathtub surrounds, kitchen backsplashes, baseboards, molding, etc. Clear caulk is a great choice for when you want to be more subtle. White is perfect as a window sealant around your white framed windows. You will have a waterproof seal when applied correctly, however do not allow caulk to stand in water. The white and clear caulks are paintable when using latex and oil-based paints. Allow white caulk to dry a minimum of 2 hours if you have decided to paint. Clear caulk will come out white and dry clear in 7 to 14 days. Clear caulk is paintable but you will need to wait until caulk has become clear before painting it. Don’t want to paint caulk? Remember we carry hundreds of options for colored caulk.
The tubes of Dap caulk contain silicone which makes this product highly flexible while providing excellent adhesion. These tubes of white and clear caulk are mildew resistant once cured. Another great reason to use DAP caulk as a window sealant. Clean-up after application can be done with just soapy water and sponge as long as caulk has not cured yet. Generally, depending on humidity and temperature, this product will be dry to the touch in about 30 minutes. Make sure surface areas are clean of dirt, grime, oils, and other particles before applying caulking. This is especially true when using as a window sealant or other outdoor applications. Caulk, when applied properly to fill cracks, will improve your home’s energy usage.
Dap caulk can be applied when air temperature is above 40 degrees F. When using as a window sealant or any other outdoor application, wait to apply if freezing temperatures or rain is predicted before caulk would have a chance to fully cure. Use to fill joint sizes that are not larger than 1/2″ wide x 1/2″ deep. For joints deeper than 1/2″ use backer rod material.
Dap Caulk Prep and Application
- Surface should be free of dust, dirt, oils, etc.
- Carefully cut tip of nozzle at a 45 degree angle for the needed bead size
- OR You can use Perfect Bead Caulk Tips, premolded caulk tips in 3 sizes
- Push caulk out of tube using a caulk gun filling the gap as you move forward
- Use finishing tool to smooth bead
- Clean off excess caulk
- Use damp sponge to clean up work area
- Reseal tubes for storage
Dap Caulk Highlights
- Acrylic Latex Caulk with Silicone
- Dap caulk has a 35 year durability guarantee
- Flexible – expands and contracts without cracking
- Waterproof seal
- Once cured, is mold and mildew resist
- For use indoor/outdoors
- Sealer and adhesive
- 30 minutes to the touch dry time
- 10.1 oz tube
- Coverage is 56 linear feet with a 3/16″ diameter bead
* Clear caulk will come out white and dry clear in 7 to 14 days. Length of time to become clear is dependent on humidity, temperature, and joint depth.